> THERAPEUTIC INDICATION
This drug is an antibacterial antibiotic of the macrolide family.
It is indicated for the treatment of certain susceptible bacterial infections.
> DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
Always take this medication exactly as directed by your doctor or pharmacist. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
This medication has been personally prescribed for you in a specific situation:
it cannot be adapted to another case;
do not use it again without medical advice;
Do not give it to another person.
The dosage is determined by your doctor according to the child’s weight.
The dose to be administered must be taken with the syringe for oral administration graduated in kilograms (graduation every half kilogram).
Under 25 kg: the daily dosage is variable according to the child’s weight (20 mg/kg/d). The weight indicated corresponds to the dose for one intake. For example, the scale 15 on the syringe corresponds to the dose to be administered for a child of 15 kg.
WARNING: From 25 kg and above: in all cases, the daily dosage is fixed and must not exceed the scale “25 kg = max dose/per day” on the syringe.
The treatment takes place over 3 days with only 1 dose per day.
One bottle corresponds to the 3 days of treatment.
Strictly comply with your doctor’s prescription.
If you feel that the effect of AZITRINE 40 mg/ml, powder for oral suspension is too strong or too weak, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Method and route of administration
The graduated syringe provided is specific for AZITRINE 40 mg/ml, powder for oral suspension.
The oral suspension can be administered with or without meals.
Do not administer the oral suspension until it has been reconstituted.
Instructions for the reconstitution and administration of the drug :
Reconstitution of the oral suspension
1. SHAKE the bottle vigorously to loosen the powder from the bottom.
2. OPEN the vial.
3. FILL the bottle with water to the indicated mark.
4. CLOSE the bottle with the cap.
5. SHAKE the bottle vigorously several times until a homogeneous suspension is obtained.
Administration of the drug
1. SHAKE the oral suspension before each dose.
2. OPEN the cap of the bottle.
3. INSERT the oral syringe into the bottle.
4. INSPECT the dose prescribed by the physician with the oral syringe. It is graduated in kg. Thus, the weight indicated by the graduations corresponds to the dose for one intake.
- If the child weighs less than 25 kg: the daily dosage is variable according to the child’s weight (20 mg/kg/d).
For example, the number 15 on the syringe corresponds to the dose for a child weighing 15 kg, and the number 20 on the syringe corresponds to the dose for a child weighing 20 kg.
- If the child weighs 25 kg or more: in all cases, the daily dosage is fixed (500 mg/day) which corresponds to the graduation “25 kg = max dose/day” on the syringe.
5. REMOVE the oral syringe from the bottle and administer the medication to the child.
6. CLOSE the vial by screwing the cap on tightly.
7. RINSE the oral syringe with water after use and STORE it in the box.