> THERAPEUTIC INDICATION
ANOMEX is a balanced formulation of anti-inflammatory agents and local anaesthetic recommended for the relief of various inflammatory conditions of the anorectal region:
- Bloody or non-bloody haemorrhoids
- Internal or external haemorrhoids
- Anal fissures
- Acute post-traumatic haemorrhoidal pain
Hydrocortisone acetate: its anti-inflammatory and antipruritic action helps to reduce inflammatory conditions, particularly exudation and irritation.
Lidocaine: its local anaesthetic properties relieve acute pain and discomfort. Lidocaine helps to stop spasms and pain and relaxes the anal sphincter.
Zinc oxide: soothes inflammation of the skin and mucous membranes.
Allantoin: accelerates healing by stimulating the repair process.
ANOMEX acts against anorectal inflammation associated with acute pain, oozing, pruritus and irritation.
> DOSAGE AND METHOD OF ADMINISTRATION
Always follow the dosage indicated by your doctor. In case of doubt, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Rectal route: 1 suppository two or three times a day.
The frequency of administration can be reduced when the acute phase is well controlled.
For best results ANOMEX should be inserted deep into the rectum if possible after the stool.
How to use the suppository:
- To use, clean the entire area around the anus with mild soap and warm water and rinse thoroughly. Dry gently by blotting with toilet paper or a soft cloth
- Do not open the package if the suppository appears soft, hold the outer package under cold water or place in the refrigerator for a few minutes to harden before removing the package
- Position the patient lying on one side with knees bent on the stomach or lying on the back with feet and legs raised
- Detach the suppository by holding the strip vertically and carefully open the package evenly from both sides to the bottom (moisten the suppository if it is dry)
- Hold the suppository between the index finger and thumb, locate the anus and gently insert the suppository with the pointed end first using the index finger. The suppository should be fully inserted into the rectum.
- Hold the buttocks tight and lie still for about 30-60 seconds to prevent the suppository from coming out
- Discard the package and wash your hands thoroughly
If you have any further questions about the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Prescription medicine. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice.